Security

Regular Contributor II

Virtual CPPM upgrade

Hi guys,

I have a cluster of 3 CP-VA-5K running 6.3 that I want to upgrade to latest. I see that the ESXi required resources have changed with 6.6 to more than the original. I want to know what is the best path to upgrade? helpfully I woun't have to destroy the VM to upgrade because I noticed when I added HardDisk space to my current VM, and rebooted my CCPM, it did not detect more space!!

Thanks,

Guru Elite

Re: Virtual CPPM upgrade

The release notes for 6.6 has detailed information on upgrading from that version.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor II

[ Edited ]

Thanks Cloin. I can definitely RTFM but what I'm looking for is that in the below and around the disk space section it has two parts. 500 and 1TB which one should I go with??? I added 500 to my existing but it did not recognise it.

Can someone verify the following for me?:

if I'm upgrading from 6.4 or 6.3 to 6.6, do I need to up my resources or would the current specs work?

6.6 requirements from the release notes are:

CP-VA-5K (5K Virtual Appliance OVF)

l 8 Virtual CPUs

• n Underlying CPU is recommended to have a PassMark® of 9600 or higher

l 8 GB RAM

l Disk space:

1. n 500 GB disk space required for existing deployments (upgrading from 6.3.6, 6.4.7, or 6.5.x)
  2. n 1000 GB disk

Aruba

you can not add HD space. you need to rebuild the VM. Backup and restore
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Regular Contributor II

Thanks Colin.

from release notes of 6.6 and 6.4(below)

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.04.28 AM.png

It looks like:

6.4 disk requirements are 500GB

6.6 disk requirements for upgrade from 6.3.6 and 6.4.7 is 500GB

6.6 for disk requirements for new deployments is 1TB

If this is accurate then I might not need to add any disk space to my VMs that I want to upgrade to 6.6? Can you verify please?

New Contributor

For 6.3.x upgrades, you must update to 6.3.6 followed by applying the ClearPass 6.6.0 Upgrade. Preparation Patch before upgrading to 6.6.0 if the upgrade image needs to be manually imported into the UI or installed through the CLI. This patch is available through the Software Updates portal.

Refere 6.6 release note for more info.

I would go for 6.5.5 untill a next patch is released for 6.6.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: