Security

Frequent Contributor I

WPA/WPA2 PSK encryption

We are busy setting up our virtual AP open networks to WPA/WPA PSK secured network. Would you please guide me if wpa/wpa2 psk is enabled on a network will it also encrypts user data or any communication held after authentication or not?

Guru Elite

Re: WPA/WPA2 PSK encryption

Please read the document here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/whitepapers/wp_Global_security.pdf

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks cjoseph. it is very informative.

Frequent Contributor II

Hi Jospeh,

Sorry to bump into old thread. Just curious to know which device authenticates clients connected @ SSID protected by WAP2-personal in an IAP cluster. Will it be the AP client is associated to or it will be VC.

JayBee
ACDX | ACCX| CCIE (RnS/SP,DC) | ACCP | ACMP | ACSA | ACMA | JNCIS | JNCIA
If the provided solution resolves your issue, please mark it as accepted solution to help others.
Guru Elite

The AP that the client connects to.  There is no real "authentication" because there is no username, password, or client certificate exchanged.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: