Security

Contributor II

Web/MAC auth tied to specific auth source and AP-group.

So multi-building, multi-campus environment here.

I have had a web/MAC auth service up and running for our guest/legacy device network. It states the following:

OPENSSID-ROLE

1. (Endpoint:Username EXISTS ) [MAC Caching]

2. (Authentication:Source EQUALS [FACSTAFF AD]) [Facstaff]

3. (Authentication:Source EQUALS [MISC USERS MSSQL]) [SQL]

4. (Authentication:Source EQUALS [STUDENT AD]) [Student]

5. (Authentication:Source EQUALS [Guest User Repository]) [Guest]

ENFPOLICY

1. (Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]:Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 3) [Deny Access Profile]

2. (Tips:Role EQUALS [Facstaff])  AND  (Connection:NAD-IP-Address BELONGS_TO_GROUP CAMPUS1) [CAMPUS1 Guest Role], MACAUTHSTUFF

3. (Tips:Role EQUALS [Student])  AND  (Connection:NAD-IP-Address BELONGS_TO_GROUP CAMPUS1) [CAMPUS1 Guest Role], MACAUTHSTUFF

4. (Tips:Role EQUALS [Guest])  AND  (Connection:NAD-IP-Address BELONGS_TO_GROUP CAMPUS1) [CAMPUS1 Guest Role], MACAUTHSTUFF

5. (Tips:Role EQUALS [Facstaff])  AND  (Connection:NAD-IP-Address BELONGS_TO_GROUP CAMPUS2) [CAMPUS2 Guest Role], MACAUTHSTUFF

6. (Tips:Role EQUALS [Student])  AND  (Connection:NAD-IP-Address BELONGS_TO_GROUP CAMPUS2) [CAMPUS2 Guest Role], MACAUTHSTUFF

7. (Tips:Role EQUALS [Guest])  AND  (Connection:NAD-IP-Address BELONGS_TO_GROUP CAMPUS2) [CAMPUS2 Guest Role], MACAUTHSTUFF

8. (Tips:Role EQUALS [SQL])  AND  (Connection:NAD-IP-Address BELONGS_TO_GROUP CAMPUS2) [CAMPUS2 SQL Role], MACAUTHSTUFF

My issue is the following. The SQL auth source contains a subset of users that rent spaces from us for six or so months at a time. I want to be able to web/MAC auth (we require re-logins every 8 hours) them like I do everyone else, but I only want them to be able to do their initial login from two buildings in particular (where they rent space). I copied my original service, moved the copy above the original, and put a Radius:Aruba Aruba-AP-Group EQUALS BUILDING-AP-GROUP in the service.

I haven't enabled the service yet, but my first thought is that users from all auth sources go into BUILDING-AP-GROUP. If they hit my newly created service, they'll just fail auth I think and never roll down to the next (original) service where they would normally work.

Thoughts?

Guru Elite

Re: Web/MAC auth tied to specific auth source and AP-group.

Are there any other users in that SQL source other than those unique ones?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Contributor II

Nope. Every 4-6 months they're going to forward us class rosters (smaller colleges hosting distance learning in our shell spaces) and we'll add/remove from the SQL DB as necessary. It's completely seperate from our facstaff/students and traditional guest users.

Guru Elite

you should be able to use a rule that checks the auth source and ap-group and move it to rule #2.

Contributor II

For the enforcement policy there isn't a CONNECTION -> AP-GROUP, but there is a CONNECTION -> AP-NAME. I'm guessing a BEGINS_WITH would probably work in this situation? Or did you mean something else entirely? :)

Guru Elite

You would need to do a role map to use the radius Aruba ap-group data. Then reference that TIPS role in your enforcement along with the auth source.

Contributor II

1.(Authentication:Source  EQUALS  [AD])[Facstaff]
2.(Authentication:Source  EQUALS  [EAD])[Student]
3.(Authentication:Source  EQUALS  [Guest User Repository])[Guest]
4.(Authentication:Source  EQUALS  [MSSQL]
AND  (Radius:Aruba:Aruba-AP-Group  EQUALS  C1-B14)
[SQL]

I added the AP-Group RADIUS flag in my role mapping as suggested, however, when testing in a different building (C1-B10, etc) using my MSSQL creds ClearPass passed me through as a guest user.

Policies Used -
Service:
[AccessSSID]
Authentication Method:
PAP
Authentication Source:
Sql:IP-HERE
Authorization Source:
[Endpoints Repository], [MSSQL]
Roles:
[Guest], [User Authenticated]
Enforcement Profiles:
[Guest Role]
Service Monitor Mode:
Disabled
Online Status:

I guess my understanding of role mappings isn't quite there yet. Since I have the AND operator in the role mapping I thought that if it didn't meet both reqs the auth would just fail. Is that not correct?

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

The role is likely being cached. I'm re-thinking this a bit.

You might be better off duplicating your service and checking for the AP-group in your service rule. Then remove the authentication source in the old (regular) service.

Make sure the new service (with AP-group) is above the old service.

service-rule-apgroup.JPG

Contributor II

As I have two seperate AP-Groups that the MSSQL users need to be able to auth from, would I have to build two seperate services?

My original worry with building out a new service was that if an AD/EAD user hits this service by way of connecting to the AP-Group specified by the service that they would get rejected as they don't fall into the MSSQL auth source. I figured they wouldn't make it down to the next AccessSSID service.

I need to get a lab setup!

Guru Elite

For the multiple AP-groups, use the belongs-to operator:

aruba-ap-group_belongs-to.JPG

Is there anything unique about the usernames in the database that we can key on? Like a guest- prefix? How about something that isn't in a normal username (for example a period -  tcappalli vs tim.cappalli)?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: