Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

What am i missing? I want User + Computer authentication, NEED HELP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What am i missing? I want User + Computer authentication, NEED HELP

Posted Jul 20, 2015 08:35 PM

i thought what i have ended up setting up would be simple.

I wanted AD user + computer account authentication.

User auth is easy but i just cannot get the computer auth to work right.

All i want is it to check IF the computer account exists in AD + the user authentication and its just not working.

What should i do to set that up??

I thought setting AD member of a group in the AD auth would do it but that didn't work and still allowed people to login no matter if the computer/phone was in AD or not.

• 2.  RE: What am i missing? I want User + Computer authentication, NEED HELP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2015 08:36 PM
    Are your clients configured for both Computer and User authentication? Do you have a rule in your enforcement that checks for both [User Authenticated] and [Machine Authenticated] TIPS roles?

• 3.  RE: What am i missing? I want User + Computer authentication, NEED HELP

Posted Jul 21, 2015 11:08 AM

What do i need to do for the clients to be configured for both authentication styles?

I am following an example for the tips checks.

Can this be done with just the integrated IAP controller and we can just bypass clearpass?

• 4.  RE: What am i missing? I want User + Computer authentication, NEED HELP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2015 11:31 AM

It is recommended to do it via Group Policy.

If you want to do it manually, you would configure it in your wireless network connection profile under Advanced.

• 5.  RE: What am i missing? I want User + Computer authentication, NEED HELP

Posted Jul 21, 2015 11:47 AM

i am going to ask this simply.

What do you recommend being the quickest way to do something similar to what i am looking for?

just checking against a AD account and IF the computer account exists in ad.

I was hoping i wouldn't have to configure wireless profiles as the laptops in the company are all different models/ages

• 6.  RE: What am i missing? I want User + Computer authentication, NEED HELP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2015 11:51 AM
    If you want to do computer based authentication, you'll have to configure the clients. Using group policy makes this very easy to do.

Thanks,
    Tim