Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the max number of Captive Portal pages

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What is the max number of Captive Portal pages

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2013 05:00 AM

Hi,

I seem to recall the max number of CP profiles is 16, but has this figure changed with 6.2 or 6.3 or even the new 72x0 series controllers?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: What is the max number of Captive Portal pages

Posted Jul 08, 2013 05:08 PM

I believe this has not changed. My understanding is there is a maximum of 8 BSSID's allowed per radio (2 radios per AP) and that is how this comes into play. You would need an SSID per captive portal.

• 3.  RE: What is the max number of Captive Portal pages

Posted Aug 21, 2013 07:37 AM

still you could have scenario's where you want more, perhaps one for testing next the the 16 you have (might not happen a lot, but still), so the whole connection with the number of SSIDs is a bit of weird choice.

• 4.  RE: What is the max number of Captive Portal pages

Posted Sep 03, 2013 02:06 AM

Even more since that 16 portals limitation came from the good old days when AP70 was top of the line and supported up to 32 SSID. But anyway, I never hit the 16 limit because if I needed that, the admin burden makes ClearPass a better choice.

Edited to add a link: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/MAT_AP_SP.pdf