Security

New Contributor

What is the reason for Policy server : Failed to get value for attributes=[Category]

Guru Elite

Re: What is the reason for Policy server : Failed to get value for attributes=[Category]

If the device hasn't been profiled yet, you will see that.

It's more informational. You shouldn't need to worry about it.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Re: What is the reason for Policy server : Failed to get value for attributes=[Category]

If you are using the endpoint database to make decision using the device type then you should create a rule at the bottom of your logic that if the hasn't been profiled then to allow them thru for a short period of time so it can get an IP address and get profiled and then CoA / Aruba terminate the device with the profiler ( you can enable this in the service)
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Frequent Contributor II

User can't access to my network because clearpass can't classify device category

Is it because I choose dot1X authentication. how i solve it

Guru Elite

You need to add an interim profile role to allow ClearPass to properly profile the device and then re authenticate. 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

how can i re authenticate device again ??

Trusted Contributor I

you can send a CoA or you can just disconnect and connect the client, a short reauth timer might also be a possibility.

Occasional Contributor I

I am having the same issue and it is frustrating! I have been in contact with TAC and still, the problem is not solved. The designated roles have been updated to allow that client to get an IP so that the CPPM can proceed with the appropriate profiling. Even after such changes, we can see that the client continues to get the issue from the snip below...

Did you configure ClearPass as DHCP relay under the VLAN the device lands ?
What type of authentication are you using?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Did you configure ClearPass as DHCP relay under the VLAN the device lands?

I do not believe that the CPPM was configured for a DHCP relay, but I can check. I will need some guidance on how to confirm this. But what I can say is that all DHCP requests are going to our DHCP server and all clients are getting IP'd, but we can see that the profiling is not occurring as expected.

What type of authentication are you using?

Based on the "Service" summary for our corporate network, the authentication methods being used are EAP PEAP, EAP MSCHAPv2, and EAP TLS. The authentication source is our AD server.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: