Security

New Contributor

What is the reason for Policy server : Failed to get value for attributes=[Category]

Guru Elite

Re: What is the reason for Policy server : Failed to get value for attributes=[Category]

If the device hasn't been profiled yet, you will see that.

It's more informational. You shouldn't need to worry about it.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

Re: What is the reason for Policy server : Failed to get value for attributes=[Category]

If you are using the endpoint database to make decision using the device type then you should create a rule at the bottom of your logic that if the hasn't been profiled then to allow them thru for a short period of time so it can get an IP address and get profiled and then CoA / Aruba terminate the device with the profiler ( you can enable this in the service)
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Frequent Contributor I

User can't access to my network because clearpass can't classify device category

Is it because I choose dot1X authentication. how i solve it

Guru Elite

You need to add an interim profile role to allow ClearPass to properly profile the device and then re authenticate. 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

how can i re authenticate device again ??

MVP

you can send a CoA or you can just disconnect and connect the client, a short reauth timer might also be a possibility.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: