Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

What level of integration is available between ClearPass and Good Technology's MDM solution?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What level of integration is available between ClearPass and Good Technology's MDM solution?

Posted Dec 08, 2014 05:44 AM
    I notice that Good Technology's MDM is not a solution specifically covered (at least, if it is, not within the 6.4 User Guide) but there is an option to Add Generic HTTP Endpoint Context Server within the chapter dealing with MDM integration. Not sure if that's any help really...? What options to interoperate with Good???

• 2.  RE: What level of integration is available between ClearPass and Good Technology's MDM solution?

Posted Dec 08, 2014 07:07 PM

You can't use CPPM Exchange as this is a outbound REStful framework, we can't use it capture input data, parse this and then write it to the endpoint DB.

However, Good runs on top of MS SQL... this can be accessed via a standard ODBC connection. So you can define this DB as a SQL type auth-source and grab data... my inside knowledge of an issue I've heard about is that the DB stores the MAC addresses in differing standards which can make this I understand (no hands on here myself) a little challenging.

• 3.  RE: What level of integration is available between ClearPass and Good Technology's MDM solution?

Posted Dec 09, 2014 05:34 AM

Hi dannyjump and thanks very much for your reply.

I wasn't 100% sure I understood the second part of your first sentence    "we can't use it capture [sic] input data, parse this and then write it to the endpoint DB."    Though I think i understood the general gist;  CPPM Exchange seems to be a tool to allow Clearpass to provide additional information to the offboard context system, to allow it to do it's own job, whereas I'm looking to do the opposite;  use info from the offboard system (Good, in this case) to allow Clearpass to make more informed policy decisions   (?)   Hence you pointing out that an ODBC lookup on Good, for the MAC details it stores seems ideal   (if it works!?!?)

Thanks again....

ND

• 4.  RE: What level of integration is available between ClearPass and Good Technology's MDM solution?

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 07:01 AM

Hi Danny,

Any news/change about Good integration on ClearPass ?

• 5.  RE: What level of integration is available between ClearPass and Good Technology's MDM solution?

Posted Dec 02, 2016 10:38 PM

Hi, 

We have limited interest but I’m currently looking at justifying the creation of a BES/Good integration via CPPM extensions. We have a handful of customer that have requested it recently or have asked for it in a RFP/PoC.

What is your level of interest and what version of BES are your running/moving-to?

• 6.  RE: What level of integration is available between ClearPass and Good Technology's MDM solution?

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 05, 2016 03:43 AM

@dannyjump wrote:

Hi, 

We have limited interest but I’m currently looking at justifying the creation of a BES/Good integration via CPPM extensions. We have a handful of customer that have requested it recently or have asked for it in a RFP/PoC.

What is your level of interest and what version of BES are your running/moving-to?

Hi Danny,

I ask because a customer have this EMM solution and i want to known the integration of Good

• 7.  RE: What level of integration is available between ClearPass and Good Technology's MDM solution?

Posted Dec 05, 2016 01:17 PM

Can you please share the to djump@hpe.com

customer details 

the version of BES currently deployed 

if not deployed their timeline

What use-cases do they want out of the integration

is CPPM deployed