Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Where can i find sizing guide for cppm? (not just guest model) - please advise

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Where can i find sizing guide for cppm? (not just guest model) - please advise

Posted Jun 22, 2013 10:05 AM

Hi Guys,

Where can i find sizing guide for CPPM? (not just for guest model) - please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Me

• 2.  RE: Where can i find sizing guide for cppm? (not just guest model) - please advise

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2013 11:48 AM

Kdisc98,

CPPM is licensed by "unique authenticating devices" per day.

So the 500 model will handle 500 unique authenticating devices/day.  The 5K model will handle 5k unique authenticating devices/day and the 25k... well you get it.  Your enterprise users have 3 devices, those are counted as 3 unique devices.  Guests have a single device...those are counted as individual devices.

Of the 3 base appliances, you simply get the appliance for the total unique authenticated devices you will have per day and start from there.  If you want guest users, you add guest licenses for the number of guest users you think you will have.  If you want to onboard, add onboard licenses for those numbers of devices you think you will have.

You first get an appliance (hardware OR software) to cover the total number of authenticating devices per day and you add feature licenses for the specific features that you need.  If you are just doing straight AAA authentication, you do not need feature licenses.

The datasheet here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_ClearPass_PolicyManager.pdf under "Ordering Guidance" explains it much better than I could.

• 3.  RE: Where can i find sizing guide for cppm? (not just guest model) - please advise

Posted Jun 22, 2013 12:55 PM

cjospeh - thanks.But it's not the answer and the details i was needed.

i know the basic rules of licensing in CPPM.

I will try to make my question more understandable:

Let's say i have a client with CPPM 25K license base. And he suffering from slow GUI performance. . .

I would like to know if he got the basic vm environment (CPU/memory/hd) to support the 25K licenses that he bought.

Where can i find any doc - that got basic CPU / Memory / HardDrive that needed for each of the vmware deployment.

(The datasheet u sent...dosent conations that info...)

• 4.  RE: Where can i find sizing guide for cppm? (not just guest model) - please advise
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2013 01:00 PM

The Virtual Machine Specs are Listed in the VM document here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10918

All of these requirements are enforced when the administrator attempts to deploy the OVF template, so you need to ensure you have the requirements before install.

CP-SW-EVAL (Evaluation Version)  2 Virtual CPUs  40 GB disk space  4 GB RAM  2 Gigabit virtual switched ports (Only one is needed if you do not use separate ports for data and management traffic.)

CP-VA-500  2 Virtual CPUs  250 GB disk space  4 GB RAM  2 Gigabit virtual switched ports (Only one is needed if you do not use separate ports for data and management traffic.)

CP-VA-5K  8 Virtual CPUs  250 GB disk space  8 GB RAM  2 Gigabit virtual switched ports (Only one is needed if you do not use separate ports for data and management traffic.)

CP-VA-25K  At least 12 CPUs (Aruba hardware appliances ship with 24 cores)  512 GB disk space  At least 24 GB RAM (Aruba hardware appliances ships with 64 GB of RAM)  2 Gigabit virtual switched ports (Only one is needed if you do not use separate ports for data and management traffic.)

• 5.  RE: Where can i find sizing guide for cppm? (not just guest model) - please advise

Posted Jun 22, 2013 01:03 PM

thanks!