Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Where to find item names from the CPPM endpoint database

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Where to find item names from the CPPM endpoint database

Posted Jul 02, 2013 10:13 AM

I'm trying to include a few items from the endpoint database in the access tracker.  One that I'd like to include is the IP address assigned to the client.  I can see it in the endpoints database for various clients.

I want to take the query below and add a similar query for the client IP.  The problem is that I can't find a list of the fields and what the databases contain. 

SELECT mac_vendor, hostname, static_ip, device_category, device_family, device_name FROM tips_endpoint_profiles WHERE mac = LOWER('%{Connection:Client-Mac-Address-NoDelim}')

Any assitance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robert

• 2.  RE: Where to find item names from the CPPM endpoint database

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2013 10:45 AM

Framed-IP-Address would be the radius attribute in a radius request, the client's ip address is listed.  With 802.1x, however, the client authenticates before he/she gets an ip address, so that is not always available.

• 3.  RE: Where to find item names from the CPPM endpoint database

Posted Jul 02, 2013 10:52 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks.  Framed-IP-Address was the first item that I tried and it showed up for some and not others.  We use a long enough lease that once a client gets an IP, it's thiers for many months.

Since the endpoint database has the client's IP (see attached), I am trying to query that but don't know the field name.  I've tried a few variations of IP Address (IP_Address, IP-Address) but am not finding the correct one.

• 4.  RE: Where to find item names from the CPPM endpoint database
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2013 10:34 AM

i think your column is wrong, static_IP is just true false. If you want to return the contents of the ip address, the column is 'ip'

ie

SELECT mac, ip, hostname, mac_vendor, device_category, device_family, device_name

FROM tips_endpoint_profiles

WHERE mac= <name your variable> 

I ran the above (although i used a single MAC to match againest instead of the variable) and it returned fine. 

As a FYI,

You can change the appexternal password to somthing you know and then connect to the database using PGadmin. This way you can run a qurey inside of PGadmin to see if you get the results you are looking for. 

• 5.  RE: Where to find item names from the CPPM endpoint database

Posted Jul 08, 2013 11:18 AM

Thank you.  That was definitely the issue.  I made the change and now I see exactly what I wanted.  I also appreciate the tip about directly connecting to the database.  That will definitely come in handy.

Thanks,
    Robert