Security

Occasional Contributor II

Where to find item names from the CPPM endpoint database

I'm trying to include a few items from the endpoint database in the access tracker.  One that I'd like to include is the IP address assigned to the client.  I can see it in the endpoints database for various clients.

I want to take the query below and add a similar query for the client IP.  The problem is that I can't find a list of the fields and what the databases contain. 

SELECT mac_vendor, hostname, static_ip, device_category, device_family, device_name FROM tips_endpoint_profiles WHERE mac = LOWER('%{Connection:Client-Mac-Address-NoDelim}')

Any assitance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Guru Elite

Re: Where to find item names from the CPPM endpoint database

Framed-IP-Address would be the radius attribute in a radius request, the client's ip address is listed.  With 802.1x, however, the client authenticates before he/she gets an ip address, so that is not always available.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks.  Framed-IP-Address was the first item that I tried and it showed up for some and not others.  We use a long enough lease that once a client gets an IP, it's thiers for many months.

Since the endpoint database has the client's IP (see attached), I am trying to query that but don't know the field name.  I've tried a few variations of IP Address (IP_Address, IP-Address) but am not finding the correct one.

Aruba Employee

i think your column is wrong, static_IP is just true false. If you want to return the contents of the ip address, the column is 'ip'

ie

SELECT mac, ip, hostname, mac_vendor, device_category, device_family, device_name

FROM tips_endpoint_profiles

WHERE mac= <name your variable> 

I ran the above (although i used a single MAC to match againest instead of the variable) and it returned fine. 

As a FYI,

You can change the appexternal password to somthing you know and then connect to the database using PGadmin. This way you can run a qurey inside of PGadmin to see if you get the results you are looking for. 

Thank you.  That was definitely the issue.  I made the change and now I see exactly what I wanted.  I also appreciate the tip about directly connecting to the database.  That will definitely come in handy.

Thanks,
Robert

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: