Security

Occasional Contributor I

Which ClearPass Modules do I need for BYOD and Guestaccess ?

Hi, 

I am looking for a solution to provide BYOD access and Guest access.

- BYOD access should work via Certificates (e.g. EAP-TLS), company employees should do that via registration e.g. webauth with MS-AD credentials. After that the BYOD should get a certificate with the CN of the company-AD-username and an EAP-TLS konfiguration for authentication to the ClearPass authentication server.

- Guest access should work via web-authentication, a ticket should be given via a sponsor, who generates the guest-ticket. After that the Guestuser can connect to the wireless network and gets an http-redirekt to the guest authentication portal.

- I don't need any device fingerprinting, because BYOD and Guest will be on the same SSID and will get the same access to the internet.

What Clearpass systems are needed for that ?

I thought following:

ClearPassPolicy Manager (Base System)

- ClearPassOnboard for BYOD Access (SW-Module in PolicyManager)

- ClearPassGuest for GuestAccess (SW-Module in PolicyManager)

Best Regards

Alois

Guru Elite

Re: Which ClearPass Modules do I need for BYOD and Guestaccess ?

aheilmaier wrote:

Hi, 

I am looking for a solution to provide BYOD access and Guest access.

- BYOD access should work via Certificates (e.g. EAP-TLS), company employees should do that via registration e.g. webauth with MS-AD credentials. After that the BYOD should get a certificate with the CN of the company-AD-username and an EAP-TLS konfiguration for authentication to the ClearPass authentication server.

- Guest access should work via web-authentication, a ticket should be given via a sponsor, who generates the guest-ticket. After that the Guestuser can connect to the wireless network and gets an http-redirekt to the guest authentication portal.

- I don't need any device fingerprinting, because BYOD and Guest will be on the same SSID and will get the same access to the internet.

What Clearpass systems are needed for that ?

I thought following:

ClearPassPolicy Manager (Base System)

- ClearPassOnboard for BYOD Access (SW-Module in PolicyManager)

- ClearPassGuest for GuestAccess (SW-Module in PolicyManager)

Best Regards

Alois

You are correct about the requirements.  ClearPassOnboard is a SW-Module in the ClearPass Guest Server, though.  ClearPass Guest is also a Software Module in the ClearPass Guest Server.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: