Security

Contributor II

Which country does a device belongs

Hi everyone,

I have a question and I think this is the best place to ask, Is  possible to collect  information about devices connecting to our WiFi Network, we have a few stores and we need to check from which countries are devices coming from (Where are our guest users from, base on the device or any other information) we use iAP in all our stores, we use a open Free SSID WiFi network, we use captive portal with CPPM Guest, Guest users typed a valid email address to register to the network and get Internet Access.

Is this possible ?

Guru Elite

Re: Which country does a device belongs

If you have a mapping of the network device information to location (AP group, AP name, controller name, etc) that is all available in the RADIUS request.

Is this for analytics/reporting or policy creation?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor II

cappalli wrote:
If you have a mapping of the network device information to location (AP group, AP name, controller name, etc) that is all available in the RADIUS request.

Is this for analytics/reporting or policy creation?

Hi Capalli,

The info will be used for Analytics/Reporting, We do have the info where the device is connecting but we need to know information of the devices itself for example if the person using that device is from Canada, Mexico, etc. base on any information that could be collected from ClearPass or the Instant Controllers 

Guru Elite

Honestly, the easiest way to do this would be to add Google Analytics to your captive portal page which will report all of that for you.

Contributor II

Ok, will try that solution is there any step by step integration guide?

Guru Elite

Check with your marketing team. They likely already have a Google Analytics tenant/account setup. If not, Google provides the documentation for their side.

On the ClearPass side, it's as simple as adding the code snippet.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.6/Guest/Default.htm#AdministrationTasks1/ConfiguringWebAnalyticsPlugin.htm

Contributor II

@cappali Thanks a lot

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: