Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Which is better - L2 or L3 connectivity for 7200 MC?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Which is better - L2 or L3 connectivity for 7200 MC?

Posted May 12, 2014 10:53 AM

Hi,

I am curious about how opting for L2 as opposed to implementing L3 backhaul connectivity impacts 7200 MC functions and features.

In background, I would like to utilize L2 connectivity because the 7200 MC has to pass session requests to a centralized BRAS/PEP. Although this is feasible, I am wondering if L2 connectivity will reduce functions and features of the 7200 MC.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Which is better - L2 or L3 connectivity for 7200 MC?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2014 11:13 AM

A majority of deployments are L2 and it is still Aruba's suggested deployment model. The controller can do OSPF routing which has some benefits in terms of reliance on upstream hardware (CAM tables, layer 2 domains, etc).

• 3.  RE: Which is better - L2 or L3 connectivity for 7200 MC?

Posted May 12, 2014 11:30 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback on this and point noted about the L2  setup being the suggested/preffered deployment model.

I am looking at the VRDG for MCs at present just to get my head around the options for L2 and L3 deployments.

Cheers!