Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

White list for MAC addresses?

This thread has been viewed 57 times
  • 1.  White list for MAC addresses?

Posted Mar 01, 2013 02:22 PM

I am setting up a wireless network with Aruba 105 IAP's for the first time. If I only want certain devices to be able to connect to my network, is there a way to create a white list for those devices based on MAC address or some other factor? I feel like this should be simple, but I'm having a tough time figuring out what I have to do.

• 2.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

Posted Mar 01, 2013 04:06 PM

hi,

:smileyhappy:

here is a small example -  how to to build a mac auth profile in InstantAP:

Create/Edit Network

• · Basic: SSID, Usage: Employee, Client IP assignment: Network Assigned - Default
    • · Security: Open, Encryption: None, MAC Auth: Enabled, Auth Sever 1: InternalServer
    • · Access: Unrestricted

(At the top right corner of the Instant UI, click the Users link. The Users box appears user/password = mac/mac)

Create User

• · Username: MAC address without colons/delimiter (for example, 28ef01e670ff)
    • · Password: the same (28ef01e670ff)
    • · Type: Employee

More info links:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1492

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/How-do-I-configure-Captive-Portal-with-MAC-authentication-on-an-SSID-in-Aruba-Instant

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1650

:smileywink:

have a lovely weekend.

Me

• 3.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

Posted Aug 01, 2018 12:16 PM

Hi guys, 

This is my first time asking through this community because I can't find anything for my problem.

Here it goes:

1. I have an Aruba Instant 0325 and what I want to do is to limit the number of users connected to the WiFi by adding their mac addresses to the whitelist. Are there any steps on how to do this manually? It's kinda hard to deal with the Aruba instant portal. I inserted a screenshot of my UI. (covered some profiles)Untitled-1.jpg

Seeking for your help.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

• 5.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

Posted Aug 01, 2018 01:29 PM

Hi thanks for the link. I tried doing it and connecting one of the devices that I put in the profile but still can't connect it. It says " You cannot connect to this WiFi"

• 6.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 01:40 PM

Did you add the mac address as instructed?  username and password would be mac address in lower case without delimiters.

• 7.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

Posted Aug 01, 2018 01:50 PM

Hi, tried the putting the mac address in both username and password, still can't connect.

• 8.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

Posted Aug 01, 2018 01:58 PM

Hi, I am doing it in the Create Network. Should I do this in a different tab? like is there a Mac Authentication Tab for this process? can you show me please thanks so much! This one's my interface. Noticed that yours is different from mine.

Capture.PNG

• 9.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 02:13 PM

You can do it in create network initially to create the "users", but you can also configure it under the security tab:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/Authentication/UserManagement/ConflocalDBUser.htm?Highlight=database

• 10.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

Posted Aug 01, 2018 02:23 PM

when connecting to the wifi, it's asking for a password, should I use the paraphrase one or the mac address password? It worked using the paraphrase

• 11.  RE: White list for MAC addresses?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 04:03 PM

The passphrase.