Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 01:15 PM

Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch as the MDM provider and gotten it to show attributes for devices that are enrolled in AirWatch? We are working on a Mobile POS pilot with iPod Touch devices that are enrolled in AirWatch. We have OnBoarded them in CPPM and set up IAP to properly authenticate with EAP-TLS. Aruba TAC verified in the guts of CPPM that we're getting data from the AirWatch cloud-based API connection. But I still don't see attributes for these devices in the Endpoint Repository. 

Recommendations? Who can I talk to? What can I try next?

• 2.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 02:02 PM
      |   view attached

Can you confirm HOW our TAC confirmed thay the adta was being recieved, you definaytly have the correc API key in use?

If you go to Config/Identity/Endpoints as shown in the screen show attached..... do you see airwatch in the dro[ down?

• 3.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 03:48 PM

I have.

The Event Viewer will display anytime ClearPass syncs with Airwatch and will tell you how many endpoints were updated.  Search Event Viewer for Source = Endpoint Context Server.

The Audit Viewer will display all endpoints whose attributes are updated via endpoint context server.  If you click on an audit event, you'll see the attributes that were updated.

• 4.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 06:21 PM

Aruba TAC got into a CLI on the CPPM and was able to see interaction with AirWatch. We also saw it syncing in the Event Viewer.  It turns out that the problem was on the AirWatch side...the instructions provided in their tech note were not complete. I'll try to post more details when I hear back from them.

Thanks for all responses!

• 5.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 06:39 PM

Please do...... I own our and author our TechNotes, so if their is details I can add to the Aruba MDM TechNote (hope U saw this one) that helps out in the field, its worth capturing.

• 6.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Nov 18, 2014 08:16 PM

can you post a link to this technote for airwatch integration please?

• 7.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2014 08:18 PM

• 8.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Nov 18, 2014 08:30 PM

certainly have searched that site fully, but I am failing to find anything re: Airwatch integration, or anything that has airwatch in the title...

• 9.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2014 08:32 PM

There is not currently a TechNote dedicated to AirWatch.

See page 26 of this document:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=15316

• 10.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Nov 18, 2014 09:54 PM

The TechNote I wrote is a generic TechNote covering the integration with multiple EMM/MDM Vendors... The latest published version is V3, published in October 2014.

There will be a minor document update when we release CPPM 6.5 in Q1 2015.

• 11.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Nov 19, 2014 06:42 PM

i'm currently using it. As suggested before check the event logs to ensure the communication with airwatch is happening. 

are you able to see any devices in the endpoint repository? If you click on any of the devices you should see the airwatch attributes. 

make sure you have the endpoint repository as an authorisation source in your service policies as well. 

Scott

• 12.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Nov 02, 2015 06:54 AM

Hi, Apologies if i have missed the link or may be it has changed to the MDM technote v3?  Could you kindly point it out again please.  I do have the v2 version.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Graham Dayer

Pervasive Networks UK

• 13.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

• 14.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Nov 02, 2015 07:22 AM

Thanks very much Colin,  as always, your replies are much appreciated.

Kind regards

Graham

• 15.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jan 14, 2016 02:58 PM

Colin,

I can't seem to access that Technote ID 18116 you have linked.  Have you made this available via any of the Partner accessible paths?  My Aruba access is via the Partner site, not necessarily access via Customer with Valid Support contract etc.

I have searched the Partner resources and don't find your TechNote.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Raymond Beja

Nexum, Inc.

• 16.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2016 02:59 PM

All documentation is public facing at support.arubanetworks.com. No login is required.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=19505

• 17.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jan 14, 2016 03:00 PM

Raymond,

You can find the technote you seek here Tech Note: ClearPass Enterprise Mobility Management Integration V5 

All of my TechNote are available to access with out ANY credentials from here https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=7961

• 18.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jan 14, 2016 03:08 PM

Danny,

Thank you... that is exactly what I was looking for.  The title eluded my thought/search combo... I was using keywords such as  airwatch, mdm, mobile iron etc.

Raymond

• 19.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jan 14, 2016 08:31 PM

Very keen to know the additional steps to get this working, about to implement this for a customer.

• 20.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2016 08:33 PM

What specifically did you need help with? The full setup process is in the technote.

• 21.  RE: Who has actually integrated ClearPass with AirWatch?

Posted Jan 14, 2016 08:37 PM

Ah right, just looked back through the post and realised that the reference to the incompleted doc was from 2014 before 6.5 was released :)