Security

Super Contributor I

Why am I getting this error message?

Hi,

Just noticed that our syslog server is filling up with

Mar 2 17:19:06 2016 Arubal3.york.ac.uk mdns[4445]: <137004> <WARN> <Arubal3.york.ac.uk 144.32.64.38> RADIUS server clearpass3--144.32.126.179-1812 timeout

Error messages. Tracked down the Server group associated with this and I'm seeing an error for every radius server entry in the group. On our clearpass cluster I can see error messages indicating that there is a shared key missmatch. Thing is that if I take one of my other radius servers that is actually do authentication, so I know the ip address/key is correct and add it to this server group, I get the same error message for it. If I remove an entry for a server from the group error messages go away for that server.

Other question is why is it the mdns process? Not Airgroups is disabled on the mobility controllers.

Rgds

Alex

Guru Elite

Re: Why am I getting this error message?

That message means that the server is not answering for some reason.  You need to track that down by doing a test authentication using the Diagnostics tab on the controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor I

Re: Why am I getting this error message?

Well, sorted it out by deleting the RADIUS serves 1 by one from the server group and then macically the errors went away. Reinstated the servers 1 by 1 checking the logs and the messages didn't come back.

A

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: