Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired MAC Auth Issue

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Wired MAC Auth Issue

Posted May 14, 2015 12:04 AM

I have a 650 seri controller and i am attempting to configure MAC Authen for wired client.

I connected my laptop to port 1/4 on VLAN 10, ip 192.168.110.254. Port 1/5 connected to the router to the internet and used DHCP with ip 192.168.81.169. I'm trying to deny access from port 1/4 with MAC Auth, i configured user role, MAC Auth client, AAA profile, server group. But it still not working.

Did i miss something?

• 2.  RE: Wired MAC Auth Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2015 09:18 AM

Did you set the port to "untrusted"?

• 3.  RE: Wired MAC Auth Issue

Posted May 21, 2015 10:21 PM

Hi!

Thanks for your help. I set the port and even VLAN to "untrusted" but it can't until i saw a guide on the internet and i works. And i have a big problem with the roles as in the picture. Is there any difference between "authenticated client" in "internal DB - role" and "clients who have completed MAC authentication" in "MAC Authentication Default Role" ? I use "ArubaOS 6.4.x user guide"Capture_1.PNGCapture_2.PNGCapture_3.PNGCapture_4.PNG