Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired Posture Checking using Clearpass Guest Web Login

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wired Posture Checking using Clearpass Guest Web Login

Posted May 14, 2014 08:18 AM

I have a strange scenario where I am trying to utilise the Clearpass Guest web posture checking facility to posture check wired clients.

I redirect the user to the correct Web Login page and they can login using their AD credentials which are RADIUS checked in a pre-authentication check. This all works as expected.

The client is then scanned using the Onguard disolvable agent and the client passes the scan.

Briefly the scan passed message appears but then the user is redirected back to the initial login page with the error "Required field unavailable" under the Username field on the login form:

posture_login_error.JPG

I imagine the page is trying to complete the NAS login at this point but as this is just a wired user who has browsed to the web login page there is no NAS.

Anybody have any ideas how to get around this issue?

I basically want to redirect users to a simple page saying posture check passed and then RADIUS CoA will drop the connection. Returning to the web login page implies the posture check failed when in fact it passed.

I have tried multiple vendor settings on the Web Login but none seem to work.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Wired Posture Checking using Clearpass Guest Web Login

Posted May 14, 2014 10:36 AM

Just to add the page I actually want to be shown to the clients is below:

posture_success.jpg

This appears and then the client is automatically redirected to the page shown in my initial post - https://<clearpass>/guest/page.php?healthcheck=2.

Thanks