Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired/Wireless Windows Onboard

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wired/Wireless Windows Onboard

Posted Oct 14, 2015 08:11 AM

i am very new to onboard, and i can't find any useful deployment guide. i want to onboard windows devices on both wired and wireless. 

a) configured onboard as root CA

b) configured 'network settings' with wired and wireless

c) configured 'configuration profiles'

d) configured 'provisioning settings'

e) i also have 2 services for onboard from aruba application authentication/authorization for 'pre auth' and 'auth'

1) what is the difference between Windows provisioning and Web-Based provisioning, for my case which should I choose?

2) for wired, do i need to enable 802.1x for the client before pre auth? what settings should the network adapter be? 

3) for wireless, what should be configured to the ssid? eap-tls?

4) what else am i missing?

• 2.  RE: Wired/Wireless Windows Onboard

Posted Oct 24, 2015 10:24 AM

have you read this: https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_ViewDetails/Default.aspx?EntryId=8572 ?

1) windows will provide an installer that does it all for you, web-based is a website, i would use the first if you can.

2) depends on how your work flow will be, you do you envision this? how will clients first connect to start the process?

3) if you are using certs then EAP-TLS is the way to go yes.

4) nothing i can think of, build it and see it.

[EDIT] you should also consider talking to your Aruba partner to have a chat about this, they might be able to work with you and make things go smoother.