Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Guest Access

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wireless Guest Access

Posted Jul 17, 2016 04:52 AM

Hi

I am new to CP and want to configure wireless guest access, so I configured the aruba WLC for the required settings (Guest-SSID, Captive-portal redirection to CP guest page, radius,...)

But what are the required services in CP, as i created a new service for the guset access, but in access-tracker the wireless user is not assigned to any service when connecting and also the users is not redirected to the CP guest page.

• 2.  RE: Wireless Guest Access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2016 04:56 AM

• 3.  RE: Wireless Guest Access

Posted Jul 17, 2016 05:08 AM

Hi

This link doesnt have details about the clear pass configuration part.

As the controller part is done, but i dont know what are the required service to create in CP.

since I got an access-tracker message that wireless user not assigned to a service.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Wireless Guest Access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2016 05:13 AM

Yes it does. The last tab will send you a file for CPPM or you can click the link on the bottom of the page that links to a how to doc

image.pngimage.png

• 5.  RE: Wireless Guest Access

Posted Jul 17, 2016 05:31 AM

If you have another video or document, or if you can describe what are the required services to create.

I am using the trial license, so is there a need to install another license, or the trial shall support for Guest access?

• 6.  RE: Wireless Guest Access
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2016 07:19 AM

Please try the document here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10345  It is for configuration between ClearPass and Aruba for both 802.1x and Guest.  It will not be exactly like the ASE configuration, so you will probably have to remove the ASE configuration and use the method in the document.

The evaluation license should be an enterprise license, which means that guest should be included, as well.