Security

Guest Blogger

Within Airwave a Method to Distinguish Device Disconnect and Access Denial Types

Within Airwave, is it possible to distinguish and determine the following:

• device that is denied access to an SSID
  • device that disconnects from an SSID
  • device that is denied access to a network
  • device that disconnects from a network
  • device that cannot authenticate
  • device that deauthenticate for any reason

Some of these scenarios may be one in the same. My overall question relates to where in Airwave can I determine the status of a device. I would also ask the same question (and corresponding scenarios) for ClearPass and accounts within ClearPass.

Re: Within Airwave a Method to Distinguish Device Disconnect and Access Denial Types

From the Home screen, there is an Alert summary box.  In there, you can click on RADIUS auth issues.  It will give you a table like this:

Screenshot 2014-03-19 19.15.32.png

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Guest Blogger

Re: Within Airwave a Method to Distinguish Device Disconnect and Access Denial Types

Thanks Seth. I have a discussion with an administrator that has access a production AirWave server. There should be plenty of RADIUS authentication issues on that server.
Guest Blogger

For devices that authenticate with CPPM or another RADIUS server, this works. However, for devices that authenticate with a controller-based landing page server or Linux-based landing page server, I did not see those devices in the window that you showed. For devices that authenticate with a passphrase, I do not see those devices either. Sorry that I did not clarify before, how do I answer the questions that I asked before for devices that do not authenticate with RADIUS?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: