Security

Occasional Contributor I

a weird 802.1x work

Hi,

We are experiencing a weird situation in our 8021x wireless network, I will try to describe what is going on. We have two Controllers ( active-master  172.16.5.1 – back-up master  172.16.5.2, Vrrp ip : 172.16.5.3 ) Master controller has crashed. Then Back-up master controller became master controller.When I look at the logs on the RADIUS server, I see that RADIUS Server is talking with the management web interface ip addresss of the controllers (192.168.1.100  ) and it fails to authenticate.After I manually enter the ip address of that management web interface to the RADIUS server, then it authenticates succesfully. Later established a new back-up master controller, When I look at the logs on the RADIUS server, I see that RADIUS Server is talking with the management web interface ip addresss of the controllers (192.168.1.101  ) and it fails to authenticate.After I manually enter the ip address of that management web interface to the RADIUS server, then it authenticates succesfully.

I wanna ask why RADIUS is talking with the management web ip address instead of  the actual ip address (172.16.5.1 or 2) of the controller.

Did we make some misconfiguration on the controllers?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Omer Faruk.

Aruba Employee

Re: a weird 802.1x work

Set the 'ip radius source-interface vlan x" command if you want the controller to use VLAN #x when authenticating.  You can also set this from the GUI under Configuration > Authentication > Advanced.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: