Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

access tracker retention?

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  access tracker retention?

MVP
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 12:08 PM

What setting decides how long Access Tracker data is available?

I've set the "Cleanup interval for Session log details in the database" inside the Cluster-wide parameters to 0 (zero) but still I cannot  access access tracker events from as little as a month back.

What am I missing here?

• 2.  RE: access tracker retention?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 12:10 PM
    It's 7 days. If you need beyond 7, you should use an external logging
    solution like Splunk.

• 3.  RE: access tracker retention?

MVP
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 12:12 PM

Then what does that "Cleanup interval for Session log details in the database" do?

The manual says the following:

Specify the duration in number of days to keep the following data in the Policy Manager DB:
    l session logs (found on Access Tracker page)
    l event logs (found on Event Viewer page)
    l machine authentication cache
    The default value is 7 days.

It accepts values from 0 to 15.

• 4.  RE: access tracker retention?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 12:14 PM
    You can use that, but the recommended is 7 days based on disk space
    requirements.

• 5.  RE: access tracker retention?

MVP
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 12:17 PM

OK fine, but I've set that value to zero thinking it would save stuff untill either I reset it or the disk runs out.

Apparently it's neither so I'd like to know what setting it to zero actualy does and if it still doesn't reach a month, then what are the number behind it?

Not talking about a highly loaded cppm here so I think a month isn't all that unobtainable in this case.

• 6.  RE: access tracker retention?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:34 AM

Hi all,

My apologies if it's the proper way to this message but I'm currently meeting issues to submit a new case in the community...

To come back on this topic, is there another way to delete Access tracker logs except from the retention feature ? Something like a button or command "Clear Access Tracker logs dB" ? 

If yes, would it also be possible for Accounting, Event Viewer, Audit Viewer etc ... ?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Simon

• 7.  RE: access tracker retention?

Posted Nov 22, 2017 12:07 PM

Hi, 

I have a requirement to have the access-tracker information to be available for last two weeks, and another customer is asking for 30days. Is it impossible to have the access-tracker information to be available for more than 7 days, eventhough the clean up interval is set higher than 7 days? What is session log details? 

Still not able to see the drop down as past 9 days..Still not able to see the drop down as past 9 days..Clean up interval set as 9 daysClean up interval set as 9 days

• 8.  RE: access tracker retention?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2017 12:17 PM
    You should send the data to your SIEM.

• 9.  RE: access tracker retention?

Posted Aug 16, 2018 07:08 PM

Hi,

Do you now if it possible do this with accelops like a SIEM?

I need to see the logs for month, so we need to configure a SIEM, but only i have accelops available.

thanks

• 10.  RE: access tracker retention?

Posted Jul 30, 2019 05:10 PM

@cappalli wrote:
    You should send the data to your SIEM.

I get it, SIEM is the recommended way to go, but let's just say I do not want to send the logs elsewhere. What is the process to increase History Retention on the EXISTING CPPM server?