Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

airwatch not updating endpoints

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Mar 15, 2018 10:43 AM

A long time ago I linked our airwatch system into clearpass and when I looked at an appropraite endpoint I could see a whole batch of attributes that had been added by airwatch.

In CPPM 6.7.1 I seem to only get 

Discovered 101 Endpoint details and 0 Profile details from cn556.awmdm.com

but the audit viewer doesn't show any endpoints updates

Something I need to configure in 6.7.1 ?

Rgds

A

• 2.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Mar 15, 2018 01:03 PM

--

• 3.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Mar 16, 2018 06:27 AM

Huh?

• 4.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Mar 28, 2018 10:29 AM

Did you get this resolved?  We are having the same issue.

• 5.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Mar 28, 2018 10:50 AM

Sadly no, no one replied

A

• 6.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

MVP
    Posted Nov 15, 2018 09:25 AM

I would like to revive this topic. I'm also having the same problem right now and I'm not sure why it's not collecting the data. AW was a new integration, says it's discovered 4000+ devices, but I can't find them in endpoint's database using source = airwatch or context server = airwatch. We have a MaaS360 integration that seems to be working just fine.

• 7.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Nov 15, 2018 09:50 AM

Did raise a TAC call about this and the end result was they looked at the XML file downloaded from the AirWatch device and there were some XML values that were NUL so clearpass discarded the file. Think its a clearpass issue. Didn't get much response from Aruba at this point. Unfortunately don't have the xml file to hand

Rgds

Alex

• 8.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

MVP
    Posted Nov 15, 2018 09:59 AM

That's OK, I'm actually running 6.7.5 so I was hopeful that maybe it was fixed after 6.7.1, but sounds like it may still be a problem. 

• 9.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Nov 15, 2018 10:18 AM

We also raised a TAC case.  Ultimately, the endpoint database had a duplicate attribute written to one or more endpoint records that just needed to be manually deleted.  This has happend to us twice.  So far, I haven't found a good way to find which record(s) have the duplicate attributes so it's a lot of manually inspecting them one by one.  I would assume a mysql query could find it though -- just haven't gotten that far with this yet.

• 10.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Nov 15, 2018 10:37 AM

we;re running 6.7.5 prodn and 6.7.7 in staging ..

So basically if i can get a list of the mac addresses airwatch is trying to send back and look at them .. or even delete them things might spring into life ?

• 11.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Nov 15, 2018 10:43 AM

Deleting the endpoints would work, but finding out which endpoint/endpoints have the duplicate attributes would be best but for a large number of endpoints...finding that is a needle in a haystack scenerio.  For us, we add custom attributes for various services so deleting the endpoints wasn't a good option.  Can you backup and then test removing them all in staging first and triggereing a sync?  Otherwise, with the TAC case, the support engineer was able to pintpoint which endpoints had the duplicates, but they had to analyze a large database export and it took a day or so.

• 12.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Nov 15, 2018 10:51 AM

Our airwatch system is almost a playtoy at the moment so there aren't many mc addresses to track down ..

A

• 13.  RE: airwatch not updating endpoints

Posted Nov 15, 2018 11:30 AM

Well ! just reapplied the credentials for airwatch to our clearpass clusters *(6.7.5 & 6.7.7) ... and it all worked. Seems to have been an error with 15 endpoints out of 147 but the rest were either imported or had their entries modified ... at least now we 're seeing imports again

A