Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

authenticating an airwave user for cli

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  authenticating an airwave user for cli

Posted May 27, 2014 07:55 AM

Hi,

We have set our Airwave admin account to be the Read-Write account when we authenticate using TACACS on the Aruba CPPM. This only allows HTTPS access - where do we configure the access to the CLI?  Using the 'AMP:https attribute we send back the role="Admin" and that works fineo n the GUI but not the CLI. Any pointers?

Kind regards,

Z

• 2.  RE: authenticating an airwave user for cli
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2014 09:54 AM

There is no user based access to the CLI. The only user is "root" and the password is set upon install of Airwave.

• 3.  RE: authenticating an airwave user for cli

Posted May 27, 2014 09:57 AM

Seth,

Many thanks for confirming that - I was begining to think that was the case due to lack of information anywhere else. This is going to make it difficult to get into our NAC policy but I'll think of something.

Kind regards,

Z

• 4.  RE: authenticating an airwave user for cli

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2014 10:01 AM

There should be only limited use cases to get into the CLI once installed and working.  You can disable SSH via an ACL on the upstream router to Airwave for compliance perhaps

• 5.  RE: authenticating an airwave user for cli

Posted May 27, 2014 10:08 AM

Seth,

Thanks again. It is my first outing with the AMP and we chose to use TACACS+ for NAC on all our vendors (we have a lot) so it's been a learning curve for me on a number of devices including the CPPM itself too. I think this will come under our password release option so only requested access can get CLI access for upgrades/etc when needed. That someone else's issue I have created a RW and RO group for the GUI and they work a treat.

Kind regards,

Z