Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

authenticating to AD radius

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 09:33 AM

I am useing ADIAS for my radius authentication with eap-peap and mschap2. I get multiple users saying they get dropped off the wifi several times. but users connecting to the same AP but different SSID without .1x authentication never get dropped. 

Is there something in the aaa profile I should be looking at spacificaly.

• 2.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 10:27 AM

Hi,

In order for us to deep further and assist you - please supply us the following info:

• More technical info regarding your topology
    • Can u do screenshot of your AAA profile + advanced profile  / 802.1x Profile / SSID profile / VAP.
    • Also it will be great if u can send your log - it's usually contain the reason for disconnecting clients.

Me.

• 3.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 11:05 AM

We have 1 master controller 3400 and 4 slaves 2 of those are 6000's and 2 are 3400's. The 4 campus design where the 2 6000's can take aps from all 4 sites if necessary.

we have 3 wlans 1 employee and student The one in question with radius authentication to AD using IAS

2 a open access guest ssid with back end ACL for security.

3 a Wep encrypted SSID soon to be removed

Both 2 and 3 will be fermoved soon replaced with Guest network with Captive portal.

right now I get complaints that users get dropped off the Secure network but no other ones even though they are all from the same AP's.

what log files should i be looking at ?

please look at attached files.

Attachment(s)

txt
    VAP Profile.txt   1 KB 1 version
    txt
    SSID Profile.txt   2 KB 1 version
    txt
    AAA Profile.txt   911 B 1 version

• 4.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 11:12 AM

type in the cli:

show log all

and copy&paste the output to txt file.

(its better to do it while users keep disconnecting - in order for us to notice the reason)

• 5.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 12:02 PM
      |   view attached

here is the log parsed down to only today.

I enabled mode aware this morning around 610 on the log so please ingore all the ARM reconfigurations.

Attachment(s)

txt
    May29 log.txt   685 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 01:33 PM

Ok..from the log i can see we are handling auth profile issue.

"Maximum number of retries was attempted for station"

can u please print out all the AAA profile configuration/profiles details...

the 802.1x profile is the most importenet < seems like u have issue there > please copy&paste the details of this profile.

even a screenshot will be good - like this one:

dfgfg

• 7.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 02:07 PM
      |   view attached

here is the screen cap

• 8.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 02:19 PM

OK.

Everythings seems fine in your Aruba profiles...

please take a look on this post:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/Maximum-Number-of-Retries/td-p/68780/page/2

"Looks like client configuration issue of some sort; definitely not an Aruba issue.   I would check the configuration of those devices to make sure they are setup correctly; including certificate trusts, etc."

please also read this post:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/Source-of-RADIUS-timeouts/td-p/48530/page/2

and this post:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/802-11-Client-Device/Intel-client-issues/td-p/5074

Let me know if you found your answer.

• 9.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

• 10.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 02:38 PM

My IAS guy has updated the Certificate on the radius servers reciently would that have anything to do with it? Do I have to do anything on the aruba side when the cert in IIS gets updated? I checked the IAS config and it shows the proper cert.

• 11.  RE: authenticating to AD radius

Posted May 29, 2013 02:40 PM

u should check the cert in your client side - and be sure that the group policy really updated the cert... (As far as i know)

or

take 1 single problemtic clinet - and check the cert on the client side < even do a manual install >