Security

bypass android captive portal network assitant

It is possible to by pass android captive portal network assistant?like you bypass apple captive portal network assistant

Im getting an issue in which when user log in with office 365 and if they typed the password wrong the captive portal network assistant keep remenbering wrong password and wont let him put the correct password, if you put more to go to the browser he still put one time the wrong password and that for some reason make an entry ont he endponint repository with the username, then when this happen i see that when they put the correct password they add another attribute of username so then i got 2 attribute of username(the same username) and for some reason when this happen my rule that says that you just can use one device per user doesnt work, he see that as a new user even if there is another entry on the endpoint repository with the same username

The rule works fine when there isnt this double attribute of username it seems... 

Cheers

Carlos

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Re: bypass android captive portal network assitant

I have never seen that behavior before. AFAIK, the captive portal browser has no capability to remember credentials.

If you want to bypass it, add this to your captive portal whitelist:

netdestination android-cpbrowser
    name connectivitycheck.android.com
    name connectivitycheck.gstatic.com
!

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

i think i found what was it of why its putting twice the username, which is not related to this

But yes Tim it does remenber, the user does not need to put his office 365 credentials!  after he put it one time, somehow the browser remenbers, at least on my tablet, it remenbers i dont need to put it again... you never see that?

Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

In a standard browser, this is normal. I've never seen it occur in the captive portal mini browser though, ever.

not in the mini browser, it happening with the captive portal network assistat of a Samsgun Galaxy 6 

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Mini browser = CNA

I've tested this dozens of times across multiple devices and never had the credentials cached in the mini browser. Not sure what to tell ya.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: