Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

can we copy cppm config from one appliance to new appliance

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  can we copy cppm config from one appliance to new appliance

Posted Apr 29, 2015 06:48 AM

Hi,

Just trying to determine if there is an easy way to copy the complete configuration from existing CPPM to a new one we have purhcased.  We do not want to cluster, but both will be live so want to copy all existing settings and then change relevant IPs

• 2.  RE: can we copy cppm config from one appliance to new appliance
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2015 06:53 AM
    Doing a backup and restore will not restore IP addresses., so you can certainly do that.

If your old box had server certificates, you will need to either manually move them to the new box via export and import, OR create new server certificates for the new box.

If your old box was joined to the domain, you will need to join the new box to the domain after the restore.

If you want to speed the backup, do not include the logs...

• 3.  RE: can we copy cppm config from one appliance to new appliance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2015 07:56 AM
    Yes, juSt use the backup and restore options under server configuration.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 4.  RE: can we copy cppm config from one appliance to new appliance

Posted Apr 29, 2015 01:56 PM
    I have a Cluster in my lab where I I upload backups from my PRO cluster and works great.
    In my case I have two subscription ID. You might need to check with licensing Deparment whether or not you need to reactivate the licenses/platform used to run on the new environment