Security

cant drop clearpass subscriber due to virtual IP settings

got a clearpass cluster (version 6.3.4) of two nodes, a publisher and subscriber. the publisher has failed and no standby publisher is configured. now i would like to drop the subscriber to make it publisher, but im stuck in a catch 22 i believe.

when i click drop subscriber it says "Drop Subscriber is not permitted. Server is part of Virtual IP Settings"

but when i try to remove the virtual ip settings it says "Modifications are not supported on Subscriber node; please use Publisher node."

also i would like to leave the virtual ip untouched as removing that can cause an interuption.

i found the CLI command cluster make-publisher is that my only option or is there something else to do?

Guru Elite

Re: cant drop clearpass subscriber due to virtual IP settings

Yes, you should promote to publisher. You should always have an active publisher.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

ok and via the CLI is the only way to go?

little note for aruba, update the documentation to also say the -f flag is possible for the cluster make-publisher command.

Guru Elite

In this instance, yes.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Aruba

In 6.4 the VIP restriction is removed so you don't have to have both servers defined.

I will have to test and see if it will help in your instance.

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

thanks guys, that is enough information for now.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: