Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

captive portal redirect issue

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  captive portal redirect issue

Posted Mar 13, 2014 07:21 AM
      |   view attached

Hi

I encounter an issue with captive portal redirect. I configure guest vlan to authenticate via internal captive portal. I can grab ip address, but when I open up browser it didnt redirect  me to the portal.

Attachment(s)

txt
    3400.txt   24 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: captive portal redirect issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2014 08:01 AM

Can you do an nslookup on that client and resolve DNS?

• 3.  RE: captive portal redirect issue

Posted Apr 04, 2014 09:05 PM

It a DNS issue. Captive portal need a working DNS for it to work. Thanks!

• 4.  RE: captive portal redirect issue

Posted Mar 08, 2016 11:45 PM

HII..  Hinz

I to have a same problem, i have set up captive portal for wlan users they are able to get the web login page and redirect sucessfully when the wlan is assigned with a vlan that does't have proxy.

Where the Wlan with proxy i.e enabled in web browser is not able to redirect to the orgianl page they are looking for after loging in. We dont have any internal DNS server all we use is public server.

can u help with the same....

Is is compulsory to have internal DNS.

• 5.  RE: captive portal redirect issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2016 06:37 AM

What port does your proxy use?  Is the proxy configured on the client, or is it a transparent proxy?

• 6.  RE: captive portal redirect issue

Posted Mar 09, 2016 06:51 AM

We use squid proxy on port number 3128, the proxy setings or done on browser, i tried manual skiping of proxy for few ip's option that is avalible in advance proxy setttings but it dint work for me...

• 7.  RE: captive portal redirect issue

• 8.  RE: captive portal redirect issue
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2014 09:55 AM

Hello hinz

Are you trying to set this up using the built-in captive portal? The config really doesn't display anything in relation to a setup with captive portal. There are some changes to the captive-portal "default" which is way wrong so I'm thinking you need to just create it from scratch.

I suggest you use the wizard and create your guest setup there.