Security

Occasional Contributor II

change dhcp server

We have an Aruba 6000 mobility controller with four M3 cards.    We have migrated to a new dhcp server recently and to achieve this, I changed the ip- helper address in the cli for all 120 vlans on the master controller. ( I did it via cli so that I could create a script and a backout script easily to copy and paste into the cli ) .   Should this configuration replicate to all the m3 card locals when i type "wr mem" after the configuration change or do I have to replicate this change four fold on all locals as well ?  This would take me ages.   Is there a quicker way of achieving this dhcp server configuration change ?

Guru Elite

Re: change dhcp server

It will not replicate to locals. What is the default gateway of your clients, the controller?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Is the user's default gateway the controller or an upstream switch/router?

You would have to change this on every controller since it is IP information which is local.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP

Hi

We have a layer 2 set up with our aruba controller cards all connected to a core switch .

The clients get a default gateway of an interface configured on the core switch.  

Does this make sense ?

Users default gateway is on the upstream switch .

So, I have to go and change the ip-helper address for 120 x 6 ( master, standby master and 4 m3 local cards!!!) . Im going to be busy.

Is there any other quicker way …………..what a monotonous task. Well, at least I have scripts ready , I suppose.  

Can you see any issue with us migrating  from /24 to /21 vlans in the future to avoid having so many vlans ?  Would there be any issues with broadcasts etc.

Guru Elite

Ok. I would add the helper addresses to your core switch instead of the controller.

Thanks,
Tim

Guru Elite

The recommendation is to use larger subnets in conjunction with broadcast/multicast optimizations and AirGroup.

Thanks,
Tim

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: