Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 08:43 AM

clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Please advise.

Here is the config i did:

2.PNG

Here is the guest device list... :(

2.PNG

• 2.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 08:54 AM

When you create those guests are you configuring this:

guest.png

• 3.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:00 AM

it's devices that created by guest login (i used the mac of the user device as username/password)....

and i'am using the 6.0.2.XX evel version - i configured the db cleaning of the expired guests accounts in the admin>server config>cluser wide....>

• 4.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:04 AM

By guest login?  Do you mean self-registration?  Try the configuratin in the picture below.  That corresponds to what is used when guests self-register..

guest2.png

• 5.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:14 AM

Yep by guest login/dont have account?! > register-page .

I followed your last post screenshot - and dont have such an option:

Capture.PNG

• 6.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:19 AM

You would probably need to upgrade to get that option, unfortunately, because that is what triggers it.

• 7.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:47 AM

But there is no upgrade option from ClearPass Policy Manager 6.0.2.46902 on CP-SW-VA platform  to 6.1 in evel mode  - or am i wrong?

3.PNG

So how can i test it?!

• 8.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:51 AM
    I guess my only option is or to try to do it:
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ClearPass-formerly-known-as/Upgrades-within-quot-Evaluation-quot-VM-version-of-CPPM-not/td-p/74476

or to re-install a new cppm evel environment :(

• 9.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:54 AM

We had an evalulation version on 6.0.2 and we were able to upgrade to 6.1 just make sure we have a backup of your config .

There's a known issue where sometimes after the upgrade to  6.1 you loose all your config 

• 10.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:55 AM
    I will try to do it later on today,Thanks on all the info and the support

• 11.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:58 AM

One thing I almost forgot . Make sure you install all the 6.0.2 patches/updates before upgrading to 6.1

• 12.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:59 AM

@kdisc98 wrote:
    I guess my only option is or to try to do it:
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ClearPass-formerly-known-as/Upgrades-within-quot-Evaluation-quot-VM-version-of-CPPM-not/td-p/74476

or to re-install a new cppm evel environment :(

kdisc98,

The short story is that you will have to (1) Backup your configuration (2) Backup up your server certificate and private key by exporting them (3) Remove that server from the domain (4) Install a new VM of 6.1 (5) Join it to the domain with the same hostname (6) import the backup (7) Import the Server Certificate and private certificate from step (2).

That is the most consistent way to do it.  You can always fall back to the first VM by re-adding it to the domain if anything happens to the new VM.

• 13.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 10:01 AM

Thanks on the tips&info - i just started to download the upgrade image..it will take some time - after that i will start backing up all the needed info / and continue with the steps u wrote.

• 14.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 10:14 AM

@kdisc98 wrote:

Thanks on the tips&info - i just started to download the upgrade image..it will take some time - after that i will start backing up all the needed info / and continue with the steps u wrote.

kdisc98,

The issue with not being to upgrade is specific to the evaluation version of the VM, because it contained a single non-upgradable partition.  Others who had production size VMs with evaluation KEYS do not have the same problem because those were partitioned properly and could be upgraded.  You should backup the pieces (config, server cert WITH private key, remove from domain), install new server with same ip address and add to domain, restore config, import server cert with private key) and you should be good.  Again, you will still have the old VM just in case something happens.  As of 6.1, the evaluation version will be able to be upgraded without reinstalling.

Sorry for the confusion;  we see the pain you are having and hopefully migration will get you through your issues.  The service templates in 6.1 also make setting up guest authentication/caching much easier.

• 15.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 10:45 AM

it's ok.

Understood.

Thanks again - more info = more knowlegde = more power :)

• 16.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 05:53 PM

just finished the creation of a new 6.1 machine + importing of the old backups - everything working fine - thank u all!

• 17.  RE: clearpass dosent delete expried device after 1 day even due i configre it - to do it.

Posted Jun 13, 2013 09:20 AM

It looks like that option unfortunately is not available on the version he is running 6.0.2 

This is from the 6.1 release notes :

ClearPass_6.1_RN.pdf - Adobe Reader_2013-06-13_09-18-32.png