Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass how to configure EAP-MD5

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  clearpass how to configure EAP-MD5

Posted Oct 21, 2013 10:40 AM

im trying to setup clearpass for devices that use EAP-MD5 (yes i know, not the best type). but i fail to see how configure this, i can add EAP-MD5 as authentication method. but nowhere can i configure the key or such, how should this be configured?

• 2.  RE: clearpass how to configure EAP-MD5

Posted Oct 21, 2013 10:45 AM

ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks_2013-10-21_10-44-34.png

• 3.  RE: clearpass how to configure EAP-MD5

Posted Oct 21, 2013 10:58 AM

that is clear, but what then? somewhere you have to add a password right? where do you do that?

i tried adding the username the device sends with the password in the local user database but i keep getting EAP-MD5 Authentication failed

• 4.  RE: clearpass how to configure EAP-MD5

Posted Oct 21, 2013 11:04 AM

Do you have the service to use the local database ?

What do you see in the Access Tracker output ?

• 5.  RE: clearpass how to configure EAP-MD5

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2013 12:27 PM

@boneyard wrote:

that is clear, but what then? somewhere you have to add a password right? where do you do that?

i tried adding the username the device sends with the password in the local user database but i keep getting EAP-MD5 Authentication failed

Boneyard,

What client is it?

• 6.  RE: clearpass how to configure EAP-MD5
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2013 12:55 PM

i was mixing two services and forgot to the combine everything into one. so the correct setup is: add EAP-MD5 as authentication method, add local users as authentication source, add the user as configured on the client with the password as configured on the client to the local user database, then it works.

thanks both of you.

[EDIT] seems like something that should be documented in the manual.