Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass installation on cloud servers

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  clearpass installation on cloud servers

Posted Mar 27, 2014 07:06 PM

Does anyone know if its suppported?

There is a client asking me if he can put his clearpass  on the cloud using windows azure or amazon cloud servers

Iknow it need to be installed on a VMware but what happens on those cloud servers?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: clearpass installation on cloud servers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 07:12 PM

It would probably work from a systems standpoint but you have to be careful of end-to-end processing/transmission times for EAP requests. 

• 3.  RE: clearpass installation on cloud servers

Posted Mar 27, 2014 07:14 PM

It just for clearpass guest...

Troy you there? :) can you confirm if its possible?

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: clearpass installation on cloud servers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 07:29 PM

Just as long as it’s on a VM server it can be hosted anywhere, it would be just a customer that is worldwide hosing CPPM in a NOC.

One major thing is guest usually is talking PAP with the controller so do you want that information going over the web? You would want to have a GRE from the CPPM to the local site or have a VPN from the hosted server to the local.

Tim is correct your biggest concern it latency and does the hosting company allow you to use VM Ware. Most of them host with Hyper V. 

• 5.  RE: clearpass installation on cloud servers

Posted Mar 27, 2014 07:53 PM

We can tell the client that.

but it will be just for Captive portal

They just want the  clearpass guest features...

I think they are analyzing to host a big clearpass guest to many small  places... and rent that service...

For a small restaurant clerapass guest is too expensive if you see it on that point of view...  so i guess they are aming for this solution.   In fact i have seem some serivces like this but not with clearpass..

It would be good if Aruba could do that service itself  for clearpass guest something like arubacentral but clearpass guest...