Security

MVP

clearpass installation on cloud servers

Does anyone know if its suppported?

There is a client asking me if he can put his clearpass  on the cloud using windows azure or amazon cloud servers

Iknow it need to be installed on a VMware but what happens on those cloud servers?

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Re: clearpass installation on cloud servers

[ Edited ]

It would probably work from a systems standpoint but you have to be careful of end-to-end processing/transmission times for EAP requests. 

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

It just for clearpass guest...

Troy you there? :) can you confirm if its possible?

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba

Just as long as it’s on a VM server it can be hosted anywhere, it would be just a customer that is worldwide hosing CPPM in a NOC.

One major thing is guest usually is talking PAP with the controller so do you want that information going over the web? You would want to have a GRE from the CPPM to the local site or have a VPN from the hosted server to the local.

Tim is correct your biggest concern it latency and does the hosting company allow you to use VM Ware. Most of them host with Hyper V. 

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
MVP

We can tell the client that.

but it will be just for Captive portal

They just want the  clearpass guest features...

I think they are analyzing to host a big clearpass guest to many small  places... and rent that service...

For a small restaurant clerapass guest is too expensive if you see it on that point of view...  so i guess they are aming for this solution.   In fact i have seem some serivces like this but not with clearpass..

It would be good if Aruba could do that service itself  for clearpass guest something like arubacentral but clearpass guest...

Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: