Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass intermediary cert clearpass

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  clearpass intermediary cert clearpass

Posted Aug 24, 2016 10:35 AM

Hey all, I am attempting to sign a intermadiary CA certificate using an onboard root CA I created previously. I have created the signing request from the intermediary CA creation page, signed and issued the certificate from the signing CA in Onboard, and then attempted to complete the process by uploading the certificate to the intermediary CA. I keep getting a database query error. I have retried this process multiple times with the same result. Basically I need to issue my RADIUS certificate with a different validity than my client TLS certs, so I wanted to have an intermediary under the same trust anchor to issue the TLS client certificates. Has anyone experienced this or done this successfully? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: clearpass intermediary cert clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2016 10:49 AM
    Please open a TAC case and reference case # 1925424

Sent from Nine<>

• 3.  RE: clearpass intermediary cert clearpass

Posted Aug 24, 2016 11:25 AM

Thank you and will do. Can you describe what could be happening? I am assuming signing an intermediary CA using an onboard root CA is supported, correct?

• 4.  RE: clearpass intermediary cert clearpass

Posted Aug 24, 2016 12:14 PM

This was confirmed as a bug in 6.6. TAC is submitting it to development.