Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass wpa2-psk mac-auth

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  clearpass wpa2-psk mac-auth

Posted May 05, 2015 11:39 AM

Can anyone point me at some documentation on how to implement WPA2-psk and mac-auth on a particular SSID? I've got a batch of raspberry pi devices that can only support WPA2-PSK that need connecting to our wireless network ( on their own SSID) and while I could just use a PSK,I'd prefer to also perform mac-auth from a clearpass static host list as well

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: clearpass wpa2-psk mac-auth
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2015 11:53 AM

On the controller side, you need to add a mac authentication profile to your AAA profile for your WPA2-PSK ssid.  Configure your mac auth profile with the format, delimeters and of course the mac authentication sever (clearpass).

On the ClearPass side, you need a mac authentication service that checks your static host list.  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/CPPM-MAC-Authentication-configuration-against-static-host-list/ta-p/180662