Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

Posted Apr 13, 2014 12:40 PM

controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

but when i remove the controller captive portal , the guest vlan gets the internet access ??

it is my first time to use OS 6.3 any help ?

• 2.  RE: controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2014 03:11 PM

Go on the commandline and type "show audit-trail 50" to see what commands have been pushed by the wizard.  Are you sure that you clicked on the last "Finish" in the wizard?

Does the SSID show up in the air?

• 3.  RE: controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

Posted Apr 13, 2014 05:56 PM

Sure the SSID is on the air and i clicked finish , i checked online and i found out that the PEFNG licence needs extra configurations

• 4.  RE: controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2014 06:00 PM

The Wizard should work whether or not you have the PEF license.  If you have the PEFNG license, it should configure it right.  If you do NOT have the PEFNG license, it should still configure it right for Captive Portal.  What is not working?

1.  Do you see the SSID in the Air?  YES

2.  Does your client get an ip address when associated?

3.  Before opening a browser, can you do an "nslookup" on the commandline to see if DNS is resolving?

4.  If DNS resolves, can you open a browser?

• 5.  RE: controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

Posted Apr 14, 2014 03:28 AM

i will double check but whenever i remove the captive portal auth the guest gets internet access normally

• 6.  RE: controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2014 05:09 AM

If you remove the Captive Portal auth, it should be wide open, you are right.  To make sure the Captive Portal auth works correctly we need to make sure that:

1.  Client Gets an ip address

2.  Client can resolve DNS

3.  the "ip cp-redirect-address" can be reached by the client  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-ip-cp-redirect-address/m-p/236/highlight/true#M49

4.  The Captive Portal page comes up

• 7.  RE: controller 650 OS version 6.3 , configured captive portal from wizard but no output

Posted Apr 15, 2014 06:01 AM

thanks for ur support till now 

the update is that whenever i log into the guest WIFI with no captive portal the internet is up but when i use the captive portal no output

i noticed that the customer has a security (access list) that denies the routing between the Guest Vlan and the controller mamangement VLAN  i will ask the customer to stop the access list temp and check then give a feedback.