Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

display "essid" value on login page

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  display "essid" value on login page

Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:49 AM

Hello everyone :)

I just created a new Skin in ClearPass using the "Custom Skin 1". I put my CSS Style which is working perfectly, but I would like to display the "essid" value in a h1 on the header.

Using ($essid) it's working on the register and receipt pages as I added the field in the form, but not in the login page where it is not displayed at all.

Does anyone know how can I do to make it visible in my title on the Login Page ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

- nice2k

• 2.  RE: display "essid" value on login page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:50 AM

Make sure it's not inside any {literal} wrappers.

• 3.  RE: display "essid" value on login page

Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:53 AM

I verified and it's not...

Also, i just discovered that it's working on the register page only when I am redirected to it automatically. When I click on the "I have an account" link, it's not in the login page, but it's neither in the register page when I am returning to it using the "I want to register" link...

• 4.  RE: display "essid" value on login page
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:56 AM

It pulls that value from the URL redirection string from the controller. You would have to rewrite the URL to include the redirection string from the previous page.

Take a look at my response here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Issues-with-automatically-supplying-the-MACTrac-Device-Address/m-p/114549/highlight/true#M7465

• 5.  RE: display "essid" value on login page

Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:58 AM

Is that easily feasable on ClearPass ? I am not really a dev guy lol.

I guess i have to use this part ? :

<a href="{$gsr_metadata.register_page|rawurlencode}_login.php?{$smarty.server.QUERY_STRING|rawurlencode}">Connexion</a>

EDIT : didn't see your link. Thanks, I will try to get it work using it.