Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

favicon change

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  favicon change

Posted Apr 10, 2018 02:38 PM

Is there a way to change the favicon using the galleria skin?  I tried adding in adding an html tag in the html header field, but it still shows up as the aruba logon on our guest capitve portal page.  I was hoping to change it to our company's logo, instead of the aruba logo.  

I see under the custom skin its an option to change it to an uploaded image, but nothing in the galleria skin.  

If thats the way it has to be, is it hard to take the galleria code and put in in the custom skin?

• 2.  RE: favicon change

Posted Apr 11, 2018 08:50 AM

Upload the favicon icon to the public files folder (Configuration gt Content Manager gt Public Files).

Under the Galleria skin configuration, add the following to the top of the HTML header, replacing with your filename:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="public/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

• 3.  RE: favicon change

Posted Apr 11, 2018 09:55 AM

I have the favicon upload and added the html link before and had no success.  looking at the view source of the page, i see the original aruba icon and at the very top in of the header and then mine later on.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="skins/skin-galleria-6.6.9-34970/external/galleria/favicon.ico" />

that is like 9 lines down from the initial html tag

and then mine

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="public/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

which is 560 lines down. 

so i'm guessing its like an order of operation and it takes the first one first?

• 4.  RE: favicon change

Posted Apr 11, 2018 12:52 PM

You changed it in Administration gt Plugin Manager gt Galleria Skin?

• 5.  RE: favicon change

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2018 11:25 AM

Ensure that you added the fav icon link in the "HTML HEAD" and not in the "Header".

Administration >> Plugin Manager >> Galleria Skin (*) >> Configuration >> HTML HEAD.

Galleria_Skin_6_5_6-32480_Configuration.png

• 6.  RE: favicon change

Posted Apr 12, 2018 12:59 PM

Yes, that is where i have it entered in, and have the files uploaded to the public directory.  

• 7.  RE: favicon change

Posted Jul 23, 2019 08:19 AM

I have the same problem with a block page that I've created.

I followed the https://afp.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-to:_Galleria_Skin#Add_Favicon information and it apparently does not work.

I have the original favico from the skin and the one I have uploaded on the page code. Put on the HEAD field.

Line 10: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="skins/skin-galleria-6.7.8-109113/external/galleria/favicon.ico" />

Line 577: <link rel="icon" href="public/prbfavicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /><script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">