Security

guests users keep getting disconnected because of: Inactive | - Even when using mac cache

2.PNG3.PNGHi Guys,

I have configured some guest portal with mac caching but..once in a while i can see devices getting inactive..

How can i disable the inactive?

why it's happning?

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Guru Elite

Re: guests users keep getting disconnected because of: Inactive | - Even when using mac cache

Do you also have mac authentication setup for that client?  Do you see the mac authentication happening?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: guests users keep getting disconnected because of: Inactive | - Even when using mac cache

mmm... i thought that the CPPM is saving all the guests MAC id's in order for them not need to re-login.

But if also MAC auth on the AAA profile on the controller needed for that - i will configure it. Thanks on the info.

Guru Elite

For Captive Portal and Mac Caching with CPPM, this is how it works:

Guest Authenticates successfully via the captive portal

CPPM creates a device entry with the corresponding mac address that expires at the same times as the guest account.

Guest device goes to sleep or becomes idle and is removed from the user table

Guest device wakes up and on that same Virtual AP, we have mac authentication configured to send the mac address of the guest to cppm over radius

If mac authentication fails, guest ends up at the Captive Portal Screen

If mac authentication passes, we give the guest the guest role silently and it is all good until that device entry expires

If you have CPPm 6.1, use the service template to create your guest WLAN so that most of the configuration is done for you.

On the controller side, you need to configure mac authentication in the AAA profile of that Virtual AP so that guests always send their mac address to CPPM over radius.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks on the info

I will test it - and let u know.

I'am using ClearPass Policy Manager 6.0.2.46902 on CP-SW-VA platform

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: