Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

how do i limit user for reconnect after expirey (1 hour of usage) for 24 hours? please advise

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how do i limit user for reconnect after expirey (1 hour of usage) for 24 hours? please advise

Posted Oct 21, 2013 04:25 AM

in cppm ,how do i limit user for reconnect after expirey (1 hour of usage)  for 24 hours? please advise - i'am unable to understand it or make it works for months....

• 2.  RE: how do i limit user for reconnect after expirey (1 hour of usage) for 24 hours? please advise

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2013 10:11 PM

When you create the guest user you will want to make sure the account is valid for 24 hours but only active for one. Clearpass has a black list that it keeps of expired accounts where if the user tries to connect it will deny access to that account.

Its been quite awhile since I have built one. 

You will want to use one the following settings that best fits your needs

I believe you will need to use

expiration_time (account lifetime)

expire_postlogin (account active time)

screenshot_03 Oct. 21 20.59.gif

screenshot_04 Oct. 21 21.00.gif

Ill ping one of the devolopers and see if they can chime in. :)

• 3.  RE: how do i limit user for reconnect after expirey (1 hour of usage) for 24 hours? please advise

Posted Oct 22, 2013 01:29 AM

Thanks on the info so-far!

• 4.  RE: how do i limit user for reconnect after expirey (1 hour of usage) for 24 hours? please advise

Posted Oct 22, 2013 01:32 AM
    IF i need user to be able to create account for 1 hour each 24 hours.
    so its:
    expration time = 1 hour
    and the expire post_login is 24hours?

please advise.

• 5.  RE: how do i limit user for reconnect after expirey (1 hour of usage) for 24 hours? please advise

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2013 01:46 AM

I dont have access to my lab to test localy so I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. I would need to set it up again and test it.

I will try to get some answers in the morning from engineering. Sorry, I wont have access to test until Thurs.:(