Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

how to limit user internet connection 2 hours per 24 hours in clearpass

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  how to limit user internet connection 2 hours per 24 hours in clearpass

Posted Aug 13, 2016 08:47 AM

hi all 

hope anyone can help me,

scenario:

using the IAP and Clearpass, how can i limit guest user internet connection for only 2 hours per 24 hours, which mean they can only get free internet connection for 2 hours every 24 hours. the guest is presented only a acknowledgement with term and condition to be accept and they can use the free 2 hours internet connection.

can any one get me some documents/ links that i can follow or guide that i can read on.

• 2.  RE: how to limit user internet connection 2 hours per 24 hours in clearpass

Posted Aug 13, 2016 10:53 AM
    You should consider reaching out to your Aruba Partner for this design.

Your enforcement policy will require the following:
    1- You need to create a custom date-time query to apply a session-timeout based on the remaining time on the 2 hrs using Time Source as your authorization source .
    2- Use the day of the week as one the conditions using Time Source as your authorization source
    3- Create a custom query on Insight to track the successful authentications within 24 hours and use that as one the conditions to whether or not allow 2hr access on that particular day of the week

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: how to limit user internet connection 2 hours per 24 hours in clearpass

Posted Sep 14, 2016 10:01 AM

Hi sir

thanks for the feed, do you have reference to do the configuration.

/migs