Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

i have logged with windows in guest access and then ubuntu it passed the portal without per

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  i have logged with windows in guest access and then ubuntu it passed the portal without per

Posted Mar 07, 2015 04:00 PM

i have logged to guest access wifi in my corporate it activated for 1 day with MAC address filtering , i logged from windows and it opend portal to enter user and password , then i logged out and open lunix Distribution it asked for wifi guest access password and it didn't open portal for username and password so it cached on aurba by mac he see mac and didn't see the new os ,, so how to filter this if i logged from the same machine with different os 

• 2.  RE: i have logged with windows in guest access and then ubuntu it passed the portal without per

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2015 04:01 PM

MAC caching is done by device (MAC address), not operating system.

• 3.  RE: i have logged with windows in guest access and then ubuntu it passed the portal without per

Posted Mar 07, 2015 04:06 PM

ok i know so i mention how to fiter it mac address is not enough so how i filter when i change the OS so when i change the os THE CASHE is done with this mac address so will ask for the username and password again 

• 4.  RE: i have logged with windows in guest access and then ubuntu it passed the portal without per

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2015 04:11 PM

You can try using the profile conflict attribute in your MAC-auth service, but it may not be 100% reliable for what you are trying to do.

conflict-guest-reg.PNG