Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

iMAC authenticating

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  iMAC authenticating

Posted Aug 23, 2012 11:35 AM

Aruba 3400 controller

AP 105's

Software 6.1.2.2

So I have my aruba system setup to authenticate through a windows NPS server.  To connect to my internal network you need an active directory username/password.

I have a group of iMac's that are essentially "community" computers that my users (students) log into.  Each time a new user logs in, they then essentially have to log in again to get access to the network.  I want to try and eliminate that.

So i'm trying to figure out my options.  My initial thought is some kind of MAC address based filtering on the aruba system that gets them connected before the request is sent to NPS.  Basically those machines would stay connected all the time and you wouldn't need an AD username/password. 

Thoughts/Ideas?

• 2.  RE: iMAC authenticating

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2012 03:46 PM

If you setup a "Logon" profile that authenticates via 802.1x, each user will login only once, authenticating to the domain, as well as your domain server.

http://www.esecurityplanet.com/views/article.php/3899996/How-to-Use-Enterprise-WiFi-Encryption-and-8021X-in-Mac-OS-X.htm

You cannot use this method to configure this with MAC OSX Lion and Mountain Lion, however..