Security

Occasional Contributor I

mac authentication

Hi , everybody 

could you help me by steps how can i handle the mac authentication in clear pass for the non supplicant devices like printers , phones , camera

thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: mac authentication

Hi. What version of ClearPass are you running? If 6.6 have a read of the OnConnect feature. Its ideal for this scenario
Guru Elite

What type of switch?

Are you looking to manually register the devices or automatically control access using profile data?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Hi 

chris_t wrote:
Hi. What version of ClearPass are you running? If 6.6 have a read of the OnConnect feature. Its ideal for this scenario

Aruba

We will need more information first. Onconnect may not be the answer here. See tims questions above. Also how are the devices connecting. Wired/wireless? What vendor are the switches, controllers etc
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

tarnold wrote:
We will need more information first. Onconnect may not be the answer here. See tims questions above. Also how are the devices connecting. Wired/wireless? What vendor are the switches, controllers etc

Hi,guru

my network is very simple contains brocade icx 6450 switchs and aruba controller and i'm looking for a method to combine between the username and the machine (dual authentiocation ) i,e every user can access the network via known PC

could you help me to get the setps of the solution ? wired and wirless

thanks alot 

Aruba

There is quite a bit that you are asking to do. Are you working with a partner or an aruba SE?

I would first start on the wireless side and then move to wired. This Guide will get you start but won't be an exact fit.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10345

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

tarnold wrote:
There is quite a bit that you are asking to do. Are you working with a partner or an aruba SE?

I would first start on the wireless side and then move to wired. This Guide will get you start but won't be an exact fit.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10345

Hi, 
thanks alot for your quick response , i 'm working with aruba partner , thanks for wirless sol and waiting for the wired solution 
thank you 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: