Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

master publisher cpu flatlined

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  master publisher cpu flatlined

Posted Jul 03, 2018 11:58 AM

Our production master publisher juse seems to have flatligned at ~90% cpu, uysing 2.8Gbytes of swap space out of 2G ! 

no one has been near it, can;tlog oin via our AD account only admin 

Event log just says high load/cpu

Other cluster members doing auth seem to be qworking fine, just master publisher. How canI find out what processes are hogging cpu? Don;t think thats available from the restricted shell we see.

A

• 2.  RE: master publisher cpu flatlined
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 04, 2018 06:15 AM

So leave it as it was .... go home ... log back in  ... and 10mins before I log in the box decides to drop back to normal operation. swap space available cpu back down to next to nothing. No indication whatsoever why it was doing anything

• 3.  RE: master publisher cpu flatlined

Posted Jul 06, 2018 08:49 AM

I don't have a solution for you, but I have seen my publisher do the same thing.   CPU went to max for a morning and then went back to normal without an indication why.

Hasn't happened since.

• 4.  RE: master publisher cpu flatlined

Posted Jul 06, 2018 10:19 AM

yeah! bit disconcerting, weven the Live Monitoring/ System Monitor pages didn;t show anything going on. Pity we didn;t havfe access to top from the restricted shell

A