Security

Occasional Contributor I

maximum session limit

Hi, we are seeing the elow error message when we have only 40 out of 300 users (max license) connected to Amigopod guest device. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Disconnect failed – Session Context Not Found

Maximum session limit has been reached: access request rejected

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: maximum session limit

What NAS (wireless LAN controller) are you using?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

hi, thanks for the reply. We're using a Cisco 5508. It been in operation for a few years now and this is a new error. We're also using a mix of IAS and NPS for Radius auth servers on the WLC itself.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Amigopod guest counts the number of sessions based on how many clients it received radius accounting for.

Depending on the version of code on your WLC, Cisco had an issue where it would send radius accounting for all users that connected to a WLC and not just the WLAN you had it configured for.

In Amigopod, you should be able to see active guest sessions.  If there are sessions that do not belong to guests, you could be running into the issue I mentioned.  I am not sure if it has been fixed, but if you remove Amigopod as a radius accounting server on the guest WLAN on the Cisco WLC, you can observe if it still happens....

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: