Security

New Contributor

problem with my radius server

i have a strange problem on my radius server.
The official aruba tech support cannot resolve my problem.
And i'm stuck with my customer.

when i try to connect in active directory by radius server the client windows 7 says me :" unable to connect into "ssid name".
and when i try to view in system log on my event viewer i can't see anything regarding IAS protocol.
aruba tech support on phone says me the all configuration in ias and in my AP 105 is correct but still can't authenticate me.
I tryed many differents methods without certificate request with certificate with another type of policy under ias option and now i don't have any idea why my user cannot authenticating properly.
I followed the official guide configuring ias server for win srv 2003 from scratch with no luck.
i have windows server 2003.
With 8 aruba AP 105.
All the devices are in the same subnet 192.168.16.x .

Any help is very appreciate! Thanks Community.

Guru Elite

Re: problem with my radius server

I am assuming that you used AAA test-server under the diagnostics tab on the Aruba controller?  Is the Windows 7 device part of the domain?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

i don't find AAA test-server i don't have external controller the controller in aruba instant AP105 is embedded.
MY client test windows 7 is not in a domain .

Thanks for rapid response cjoseph.

Guru Elite

I am sorry.  I thought you had 8 AP05s and a controller.  You have 8 IAP-105s.

Log into the commandline of the IAP that the wireless device is connecting to and type "show auth-tracebuf" to see if you can see the radius conversation, so we can get a clue what is happening. 

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: