Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

"Multi-tenant" Clearpass Guest

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  "Multi-tenant" Clearpass Guest

Posted Aug 09, 2018 02:23 PM

We're setting up 802.1x for few different customers and would I like allow the more advanced users to add devices for MAC authentication (IoTish stuff, some infoTVs etc that don't support anything else). I'm thinking of having a portal where user logs in and based on AD domain/rights he gets a drop down list of available VLANs he can add devices to. And user from different company would see different list.

Then in the service I would somehow map only relevant MAC address entries to the service.

Can I do this kind of stuff with Clearpass Guest or should I just create my own web site that adds stuff to SQL database and then create separate SQL authentication sources for different companies?

Thanks for any ideas!

• 2.  RE: "Multi-tenant" Clearpass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 02:26 PM
    Yes, you can just add a custom attribute based on the operator profile and then use it in policy.

Please just keep in mind that ClearPass is not designed to be a multi-tenant product.

• 3.  RE: "Multi-tenant" Clearpass Guest

Posted Aug 09, 2018 03:23 PM

I can use the Guest feature for stuff too that's not "Guest traffic"? Wondering if I could for example do a portal for our help desk where they could add LTE SIM cards that are accepted to our own APN with Clearpass Guest

I put the multi-tenant in quotes as I read and noticed that Clearpass isn't really designed for multi-tenant use :)

• 4.  RE: "Multi-tenant" Clearpass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 03:35 PM
    What would SIM cards have to do with ClearPass?

• 5.  RE: "Multi-tenant" Clearpass Guest

Posted Aug 09, 2018 03:48 PM

When an user tries to connect to our private APN, mobile operator sends RADIUS request to our Clearpass to check if that SIM card (/user) is allowed on to the APN. So the DB would contain SIM card / phone numbers and IP address information for the client. When a new user gets a SIM card, I'd like to have a simple portal for our help desk so they could add that somewhere where Clearpass can read it.